Errors when importing Amplify 2 in Unity

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Errors when importing Amplify 2 in Unity

Postby webono » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 am

Hi Diogo.

I was having some errors while importing the amplify2 plugin into Unity. I was running 5.0.1. I decided to upgrade Unity so now I ma running 5.2.2. It installed a new Microsoft Visual C++ library and all. i tried importing the amplify plugin and still get some errors, albeit new ones. Can you help me?

Thanks

Jim
Attachments
unity.jpg
unity.jpg (229.22 KiB) Viewed 18784 times
webono

Re: Errors when importing Amplify 2 in Unity

Postby webono » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 am

Another piece of data...

Although I am able to create an ATM and to convert my materials to amplify, when I go to the virtual texture and click update, or when I try to build a game, amplify gets stuck building a virtual texture (no progress). It might be related to the errors I was getting earlier.
webono

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 am

Hello Jim,

Great to hear from you, we would be happy to help. Did you use the latest AT2 full version (2.0.3a38) available?

Do you have access to the private developer forum?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby webono » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:45 pm

This is the zip that I downloaded. i think it is the one you are referring to.

AmplifyTexture_v203a38_003.zip

I appreciate your help. As far as I know I only have one access login/password. I don't know of any private forums besides these ones. It would be great if somehow we could chat.

To give you an idea, I just start unity with an empty scene, new project, and when I import Amplify as a custom asset, I get the import window, click import, and get those errors. I am not sure if those errors are enough to break the plugin. The idea is to compile some environments to be experienced through steamVR (which comes with its own bunch of cameras, not all of which would have to be amplified)

Jim

PS: t
webono

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 am

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the additional info, we will get in touch via email, it should be faster to debug your issues this way. Early adopters have priority support, your login grants you access to the private forum section.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds