AM & RenderTextures [SOLVED]

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

AM & RenderTextures [SOLVED]

Postby yohann » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi, I'm using the trial version and it's doing everything I need except for one weird issue: when I render to a texture, the blur amount is CRAZY high for no apparent reason. The texture that gets rendered is as if the camera was moving really fast when it rendered the texture, but the camera is completely still. Do you know of any reason that it would behave this way? I will buy AM the second I can solve this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)
yohann

Re: AM & RenderTextures

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 am

Hi yohann,

We'll be happy to fix this issue once we can replicate it. I only have a few questions:

- What's your RenderTexture format? And does it have an associated depth buffer?
- Windows or OSX?
- Are you using any other post-effects or just AM?

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Research & Development at Amplify Creations
Diogo Teixeira

Postby yohann » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok, after a few hours of troubleshooting, I've pinpointed the issue and can recreate it at will now.

Basically, if I dynamically create and write to a texture that has a different aspect ratio than the viewport of the game, it fails...that is, I get this crazy amount of blur as if I was flying through my scene very quickly. If the aspect ratio of my texture matches that of the game viewport, it looks great...only the moving items in my scene are motion blurred. Weirder still, if I export a Web or Stand-alone build were the aspect ratios of the game viewport and my texture do not match, the first "render to texture" action fails, but then the camera itself seems to adjust it's aspect ratio (which changes the view of the camera) and subsequent "render to texture" actions pass (though, again, the view of the camera has been altered so I shouldn't refer to this as "passing").

I have a simple test project that I used to troubleshoot this; I'd be happy to send it to you to help you troubleshoot this. (I'd rather not post my files here, however.)

Thanks, and I really hope you all will be able to help with this.

Btw, I'm on Mac OSX Mountain Lion, Unity 4.3, and this issue exists whether I am running other effects or no other effects.
yohann

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

That would be excellent. It would make it easier for me to replicate and fix. Please feel free to send the files to: [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out and sorry for any inconvenience.
Diogo Teixeira

Postby yohann » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Just sent the files over. Thanks!
yohann

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Thank you! We'll get it fixed ASAP
Diogo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Motion