Will it work with VR Panorama renderer?

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

Will it work with VR Panorama renderer?

Postby Torben » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:52 am

Hi.

First, congratulations on a really lovely effect!
I plan to use it for movie rendering. Specifically with VR Panorama renderer.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/35102

Could that ever work? (Or is it back to the "motion blur" provided by the Unity team)

Regards,
Torben

p.s. Why not keep it simple with a support thread in the community forum?
Torben

Re: Will it work with VR Panorama renderer?

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:23 am

Torben wrote:Hi.

First, congratulations on a really lovely effect!
I plan to use it for movie rendering. Specifically with VR Panorama renderer.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/35102

Could that ever work? (Or is it back to the "motion blur" provided by the Unity team)

Regards,
Torben

p.s. Why not keep it simple with a support thread in the community forum?

Hello Torben,

Thank you, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we have not tested it with that specific plugin.
You can try it with our fully functional Amplify Motion Trial version.

Some users prefer an external forum but we do maintain a community thread - Amplify Motion - Quality vector based motion blur

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Torben » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Ricardo, thank you for the very rapid response! I really appreciate that.

I tried the trial, but it didn't work with the 360 degree renders in "VR Panorama Pro".

Only a single frame got the motion blur. And it wasn't even the first frame. But somthing tells me it probably could work? The asset outputs video in a 360 degree mapping using what I thinkis stitched render-to-textures.

Your asset seems to work nicely with the "VR Panorama render" regular 2D render.
Any ideas on how/if it could work, or if the issue is more related to "that other asset"?

Thanks
Torben

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am

Torben wrote:Hi Ricardo, thank you for the very rapid response! I really appreciate that.
I tried the trial, but it didn't work with the 360 degree renders in "VR Panorama Pro".
Only a single frame got the motion blur. And it wasn't even the first frame. But somthing tells me it probably could work? The asset outputs video in a 360 degree mapping using what I thinkis stitched render-to-textures.
Your asset seems to work nicely with the "VR Panorama render" regular 2D render.
Any ideas on how/if it could work, or if the issue is more related to "that other asset"?
Thanks

Hello Torben,

No problem, happy to help. That's unfortunate, sadly, there isn't much that we can currently do on our side to debug the issue. We do plan to add support for panorama rendering on a couple of our products, we will definitely try it out with Amplify Motion when the time comes. It might be a couple of months away, I recommend contacting the VR Panorama developer.

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Torben » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:33 am

Hi again.

I ran some trials with the VR capture (render to texture) asset. It seems that if I boost the values in your script to something way beyond normal. It will compensate for the longer frame renders and actually capture your effect.
I.e. I speculate that your effect is relying on something related to each frames renderspeed in order to draw.

But that something seems to be wrong, and not accounting for a frame being grabbed and thus taking quite a long time to finish?

Can you confirm this?
Torben

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Torben wrote:Hi again.

I ran some trials with the VR capture (render to texture) asset. It seems that if I boost the values in your script to something way beyond normal. It will compensate for the longer frame renders and actually capture your effect.
I.e. I speculate that your effect is relying on something related to each frames renderspeed in order to draw.

But that something seems to be wrong, and not accounting for a frame being grabbed and thus taking quite a long time to finish?

Can you confirm this?

Hello,

Thank you for the quick update, much appreciated. Is the VR Capture asset altering the time scale? Our effect is velocity dependent. We could really use some additional information in order to debug the issue.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Motion