Object isolation effect [SOLVED]

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Object isolation effect [SOLVED]

Postby izlogic » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 am

Hi,
I bought your plugin for the object isolation effect, but I didn't found any tutorial on your website or example scene in the package that explain how to do it.
Could you please send me the demo scene as soon as possible or make an update with this effect implemented?
I read on the Unity forum that you used a renderTexture to create the b/w mask, but how do you did it? Could you share the code?
Thanks,
Ivano
Last edited by izlogic on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
izlogic

Re: Object isolation effect

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:47 pm

izlogic wrote:Hi,
I bought your plugin for the object isolation effect, but I didn't found any tutorial on your website or example scene in the package that explain how to do it.
Could you please send me the demo scene as soon as possible or make an update with this effect implemented?
I read on the Unity forum that you used a renderTexture to create the b/w mask, but how do you did it? Could you share the code?

Hi Ivano,

I took the liberty to build a quick sample on how to generate dynamic masks when using Amplify Color.

Follow this link to download the Amplify Color Mask Sample project.

You'll note, once you load the project, that it works by using a second camera to render objects on a "Color Mask" layer using a very simple unlit color shader, e.g. white on black background (or vice versa), into a "Color Mask" Render Texture. This texture is assigned to the Mask property of Amplify Color, in order for the effect to work.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Research & Development at Amplify Creations
Diogo Teixeira

Re: Object isolation effect [solved]

Postby izlogic » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Great! Exactly what I needed!
Thanks for the fastest support ever. :mrgreen:
izlogic

Re: Object isolation effect [SOLVED]

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:00 pm

izlogic wrote:Great! Exactly what I needed!
Thanks for the fastest support ever. :mrgreen:

Anytime! Cheers ;)
Diogo Teixeira

Postby TheTaulier » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi,

Having the same issue as izlogic, i recently found your example which helped me solve my own problem. However, I still have one problem with the solution you provide : the objects rendered by the mask camera can be seen through other objects. Do you have a solution for this ? Thanks in advance.
TheTaulier

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm

TheTaulier wrote:Hi,

Having the same issue as izlogic, i recently found your example which helped me solve my own problem. However, I still have one problem with the solution you provide : the objects rendered by the mask camera can be seen through other objects. Do you have a solution for this ? Thanks in advance.

True. That might be happening.

It's already a bit late here, but I might have a solution for this. Let me get back to you first thing tomorrow morning.
Diogo Teixeira

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 pm

TheTaulier,

I managed to fix the problem in both projects. The mask can now be occluded by objects excluded from the mask layer.

Follow this link to download the Amplify Color Mask Sample project, and this other link for the Oculus Rift version.

Please let me know if you encounter any trouble.

Cheers
Diogo Teixeira

Postby TheTaulier » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:51 pm

This is just perfect. Thank you very much !
TheTaulier

Postby TheTaulier » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 am

Hi,

About the solution you provided a month ago about isolating objects in the scene from the color grading, I recently came across another issue that seems to be created by the RenderColorMask script you wrote.

When I try to build my project using Amplify Color and UFPS, I noticed that if I select a quality level that uses anti-aliasing, it creates a weird effect where there are no textures in the game, and the camera is upside down (i.e the character goes down when jumping). This issue only happens when anti-aliasing is enabled and disabling the RenderColorMask makes it disappear.

Here are two screenshots that show the difference when the bug happens and when it doesn't :

Thanks in advance for your help.
TheTaulier

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 am

TheTaulier wrote:When I try to build my project using Amplify Color and UFPS, I noticed that if I select a quality level that uses anti-aliasing, it creates a weird effect where there are no textures in the game, and the camera is upside down (i.e the character goes down when jumping). This issue only happens when anti-aliasing is enabled and disabling the RenderColorMask makes it disappear.

Before releasing the sample project I did some extensive testing with AA and everything seemed ok.

Just a few questions:
- Does only happen with UFPS?
- Is this with or without Stereo? (oculus?)
- Are you using deferred mode?
- Is this on Windows or Mac?

BTW, I tested the project on a Intel HD 3000 which has notoriously crappy drivers. I'm now able to test on a decent workstation with proper drivers.
Diogo Teixeira

Next

Return to Amplify Color