Convert Cinema Theme LUTs

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Convert Cinema Theme LUTs

Postby craftyfirefox » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 am

Maybe you are aware of the collection of free LUTs by Cinema Suite (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20394). They are tailored to work with Unity's Builtin Color Correction LUT. But Amplifycolor can do so much more, so I'd like to combine the best of these two worlds. Only problem is that those LUTs are 256x16, whereas Amplify LUTs are 1024x32. Just blowing them up won't do the trick. I'm aware that I could do it "the hard way" one by one, but I'd like to convert the whole selection as labor-unintensly as possible. Any tips on how to do that? I'm a coder, so something like imagemagick wouldn't be a problem.
craftyfirefox

Re: Convert Cinema Theme LUTs

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:28 pm

craftyfirefox wrote:Maybe you are aware of the collection of free LUTs by Cinema Suite (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20394). They are tailored to work with Unity's Builtin Color Correction LUT. But Amplifycolor can do so much more, so I'd like to combine the best of these two worlds. Only problem is that those LUTs are 256x16, whereas Amplify LUTs are 1024x32. Just blowing them up won't do the trick. I'm aware that I could do it "the hard way" one by one, but I'd like to convert the whole selection as labor-unintensly as possible. Any tips on how to do that? I'm a coder, so something like imagemagick wouldn't be a problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, converting the 256x16 luts to our own format is not very straightforward. Supporting them in Amplify Color is also a bit tricky, especially if the user tries to blend between different types.

Check your PM, we might have a solution for you.

Thanks
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby craftyfirefox » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Yeah, I like that solution :). I mean, the conversion is "rather" straighforward:

1) Aim a camera at a 1024x32 neutral LUT
2) apply the 256x16 LUT by using Unity's Color Correction LUT
3) Save and cut out the so modified LUT

But as said above, I wanted automatic conversion. But the solution you provided is way superior to that, thank you!
craftyfirefox

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:15 pm

craftyfirefox wrote:Yeah, I like that solution :). I mean, the conversion is "rather" straighforward:

1) Aim a camera at a 1024x32 neutral LUT
2) apply the 256x16 LUT by using Unity's Color Correction LUT
3) Save and cut out the so modified LUT

But as said above, I wanted automatic conversion. But the solution you provided is way superior to that, thank you!

That's one way of doing it fast ;)
It might not be fully accurate but, if it works, go for it!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color