Namespace already contains a def

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Namespace already contains a def

Postby wormanimation » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Hey Guys,

We are recently having an error messages after updating to 1.6.4 and I can't figure out what is going on.

Here is the Error Messages

Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs(35,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `AmplifyColorBase'

Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorEffect.cs(10,21): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `AmplifyColorEffect'

Any idea?

Thank you
wormanimation

Re: Namespace already contains a def

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:03 pm

wormanimation wrote:Hey Guys,

We are recently having an error messages after updating to 1.6.4 and I can't figure out what is going on.

Here is the Error Messages

Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs(35,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `AmplifyColorBase'

Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorEffect.cs(10,21): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `AmplifyColorEffect'

Any idea?

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we would be happy to help.

Does deleting the current Amplify Color folder and importing the new version help at all? Which Unity version are you currently using?

Be sure to pick up the latest AC version from our website using your Unity invoice number.

Amplify Products - Download
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby wormanimation » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:46 am

Yes definitely, I have removed AmplifyColorBase.cs and AmplifyColorEffect.cs before but I didn't remove the whole folder so yes that fixed the issue.

After that I had to rebuild all my playmaker set properties that contains AmplifyColor but that's all right.

thank you!!!
wormanimation

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:01 pm

wormanimation wrote:Yes definitely, I have removed AmplifyColorBase.cs and AmplifyColorEffect.cs before but I didn't remove the whole folder so yes that fixed the issue.

After that I had to rebuild all my playmaker set properties that contains AmplifyColor but that's all right.

thank you!!!

Great to know that it's working after removing the previous version. Apologies for the inconvenience, we were not aware of the custom Playmaker Set Property functions, glad to hear that you were able to recover them manually. Be sure to let us know if you run into any additional problems, we would be happy to help.

Thank you for reporting the issue, we will look into possible upgrade problems.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color