Problem with Volume blending

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Problem with Volume blending

Postby sockobons » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi all! I'm having some troubles when using volumes in my game.

I'm using Unity 5.4.3 pro.

The problem is that I'm changin between scenes, in one of these scenes I have put a Volume, and after doing some logic I change to another scene where there is no Volume, the real problem is the following: After leaving the scene with the volume, the exposure is blending to 0, (I assume because there is no volume) but it nevers get back to 1 so my camera gets black. I've tried to check the boolean IsBlending to change the value after the blend is completed, but this variable is not really the variable that you seem to be using, instead you are using IsVolumeBlending wich I don't have acces to it.

Is there anything I'm missing? Some workaround?
Thanks in advance!!
sockobons

Re: Problem with Volume blending

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:48 pm

sockobons wrote:Hi all! I'm having some troubles when using volumes in my game.

I'm using Unity 5.4.3 pro.

The problem is that I'm changin between scenes, in one of these scenes I have put a Volume, and after doing some logic I change to another scene where there is no Volume, the real problem is the following: After leaving the scene with the volume, the exposure is blending to 0, (I assume because there is no volume) but it nevers get back to 1 so my camera gets black. I've tried to check the boolean IsBlending to change the value after the blend is completed, but this variable is not really the variable that you seem to be using, instead you are using IsVolumeBlending wich I don't have acces to it.
Is there anything I'm missing? Some workaround?
Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it. We would be happy to help you resolve the issue but we will need some additional information in order to proceed.

How are you loading the new scene? What's the default exposure value used in the AC component? Are you using the latest Amplify Color version. Without a Volume, the adjusted parameters should always return to the initial AC component value.

We will try to replicate the issue on our side based your information.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby sockobons » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello!

I'm using the 1.5.1 version.
These are the settings :

To load the scene I add a new scene via SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync().

Right now I just patched it detecting when the exposure get stuck at 0, so I can play, but I would like to understand it better to have a more solid way to deal with AC and volumes in my scenes.

Thanks again for the quick response!!
sockobons

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm

sockobons wrote:Hello!

These are the settings :

Right now I just patched it detecting when the exposure get stuck at 0, so I can play, but I would like to understand it better to have a more solid way to deal with AC and volumes in my scenes.

Thank you for the additional information. We will provide additional details as soon as we test it based on your feedback.

Be sure to update and try to replicate the issue using the latest version, we will be using 1.6.4 for our tests.

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:29 pm

sockobons wrote:Hello!

These are the settings :

Greetings,

Is the problem still present using the latest version?

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color