Volume Triggers not detected

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Volume Triggers not detected

Postby boorch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

Hi!

I'm using Unity 2017.0.f3, and the volume triggers are not working anymore. I've used Amplify Color in the past with Unity 5 and had no problem. I also created a new, blank project and only imported Amplify Color and tested it both with 2d and 3d volumes. The reason I'm saying "not detecting volumes" is because I can confirm the LUT on camera effect works on its own. The camera is unaware of the trigger volumes somehow. (I've tested many options like both with and without layer culling, both mobile and standard etc.)

Please help me!

EDIT:
I also realized this: I also tried adding another fullscreen shader (Ultimate CRT effects) so I can try if Blend Volume stuff works (to further investigate the "detection" of the volume) by controlling other shader's values, but before that, I realized the other shader is not processing the image. I tried turning Amplify Color Effect off in the camera's inspector, and the other shader did its thing normally. So it seems like there's something about Amplify Color interfering with rendering.

EDIT 2:
Hopelessly I also tried the trial version (which throws obsolete APIs since it's old, but whatever) and the same problem persist.

Is it a Unity 2017 issue?
boorch

Re: Volume Triggers not detected

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm

boorch wrote:Hi!

I'm using Unity 2017.0.f3, and the volume triggers are not working anymore. I've used Amplify Color in the past with Unity 5 and had no problem. I also created a new, blank project and only imported Amplify Color and tested it both with 2d and 3d volumes. The reason I'm saying "not detecting volumes" is because I can confirm the LUT on camera effect works on its own. The camera is unaware of the trigger volumes somehow. (I've tested many options like both with and without layer culling, both mobile and standard etc.)

Please help me!

EDIT:
I also realized this: I also tried adding another fullscreen shader (Ultimate CRT effects) so I can try if Blend Volume stuff works (to further investigate the "detection" of the volume) by controlling other shader's values, but before that, I realized the other shader is not processing the image. I tried turning Amplify Color Effect off in the camera's inspector, and the other shader did its thing normally. So it seems like there's something about Amplify Color interfering with rendering.

EDIT 2:
Hopelessly I also tried the trial version (which throws obsolete APIs since it's old, but whatever) and the same problem persist.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I've just tested the latest version of Amplify Color on Unity 2017.f3 and everything seems to work as expected.

What Amplify Color version are you using?
In regards to the obsolete APIs warning with the trial version you can choose the "I Made a Backup. Go Ahead!" on the pop-up window.

Would it be possible for you to send us a sample with the issue present?

Looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby boorch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:
boorch wrote:Hi!

Please help me!

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I've just tested the latest version of Amplify Color on Unity 2017.f3 and everything seems to work as expected.

What Amplify Color version are you using?
In regards to the obsolete APIs warning with the trial version you can choose the "I Made a Backup. Go Ahead!" on the pop-up window.

Would it be possible for you to send us a sample with the issue present?

Hi! I'm using freshly imported latest version on Asset Store.

PM'd you the project.
boorch

Postby boorch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:37 pm

btw, i mistyped my unity version. I was using 2017.1.0f3.
downloading 2017.1.1 now to test.

EDIT: tested on 2017.1.1, still the same problem.
boorch

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:19 pm

boorch wrote:btw, i mistyped my unity version. I was using 2017.1.0f3.
downloading 2017.1.1 now to test.

EDIT: tested on 2017.1.1, still the same problem.

Thank you for sending the sample!

I tested your project on both Unity 20171.0.f3 and 2017.1.1f1 by setting up an object with a 2D Collider as a "Trigger Volume Proxy" ( which is located in the Main Camera / Amplify Color Effect Component / Effect Volumes ) and, as this object enters a Color Volume, its LUT is applied as intended.

Were you expecting a different outcome, such as the volume changing the color the area it occupies?

Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby boorch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:27 pm

oh silly me!
i was trying to make it whenever the camera enters the volume but forgot to add a trigger to camera.
thanks for the help!
boorch

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm

boorch wrote:oh silly me!
i was trying to make it whenever the camera enters the volume but forgot to add a trigger to camera.
thanks for the help!

No worries, glad to be of assistance!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Color? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, the Unity Asset Store thrives on user interaction and direct feedback.
Every bit helps, your feedback is extremely valuable to us!

Feel free to get back in touch if you have further issues or questions!
Amplify_Borba

Postby boorch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Sure I will!

Btw, the "conflicting" shader thing is still there, whenever I turn on amplify bloom, the other image effect (ultimate crt) does not render. Do you also want me to send you the blank project with the other shader included?
boorch

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm

boorch wrote:Sure I will!

Btw, the "conflicting" shader thing is still there, whenever I turn on amplify bloom, the other image effect (ultimate crt) does not render. Do you also want me to send you the blank project with the other shader included?

Thanks!

I'll have to take a look into it, feel free to send the sample with the issue present, although I suspect it might be something on the CRT Shader's side.

Also, if you could first attempt to use that CRT Shader with another post effect, such as Unity's post processing stack, to see if the issue is also present, that would confirm my suspicion and you wouldn't need to send a sample in that case.
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Color