Any ability to turn off for certain object or layer?

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Any ability to turn off for certain object or layer?

Postby xtr33me » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm

I just purchased your Amplify color package for Unity and absolutely love it. One thing I am having a problem figuring out is disabling the color effect for a video I am playing in my world. My current project is a mobile VR fly-through "bike ride" that I am going to be showing a series of 7 videos. I have these already textured in the world, but the LUT color effects are applying to the video being played as well which is darkening the video. Is there a way to disable the effect from applying to the video texture in any way?

Thanks!
Dan
xtr33me

Re: Any ability to turn off for certain object or layer?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

In order to disable the color effect on your scene for a specific object, you may apply a dynamic mask as per our wiki example, by using a second camera to render objects on a “Color Mask” layer using a very simple unlit color shader.

Please let us know if this helps you accomplish your needs, or if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby xtr33me » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 pm

This worked absolutely perfectly. I saw this but when it said it didnt work with VR, I read it that this technique didn't work with VR and not just the project. Thanks!
xtr33me

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm

No worries, glad to be of assistance!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Color? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, the Unity Asset Store thrives on user interaction and direct feedback.

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Color