RenderMask Build Error

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

RenderMask Build Error

Postby GreybornStudios » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Hello, we recently updated the the latest Amplify Color (v1.8.0_dev004 from the asset store) and can no longer build our game. We get the following error when building (windows build):

Code: Select all
Shader error in 'Hidden/RenderMask': invalid subscript 'instanceID' 'UnitySetupInstanceID': no matching 1 parameter function at Assets/Middleware/AmplifyColor/Resources/Common.cginc(103) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_SINGLE_PASS_STEREO STEREO_INSTANCING_ON PIXELSNAP_ON
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

Any tips? We are currently on Unity version 5.6.5f1
GreybornStudios

Re: RenderMask Build Error

Postby GreybornStudios » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Update: It seems that building for Unity v5.6.6f2 allows the build to finish, but the error still appears when making a build. Our game is not currently on 5.6.6f2 however.
GreybornStudios

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:11 am

Hello, thank you for taking the time to report this issue!

Could you confirm if you're using single pass in your project?

Either way, I'll be sure to pass it along to the developer for further investigation and we'll get back in touch as soon as we have any developments.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby GreybornStudios » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 pm

I believe we are single pass, but if there is a way to verify please let me know and I can double check. Our game is not VR/AR or anything and we are not even using the masking feature - just a standard forward rendering game meant for traditional displays - https://store.steampowered.com/app/577360/

We did a little testing and did end up upgrading our game to Unity 5.6.6f2. Here is what we learned:

v5.6.5f1 - build fails every time with that error mentioned above.
v5.6.6f2 - build always fails the first time after running Unity, but then succeeds everytime after that (quit and re-run the editor will make the first build fail again).

I've attached our current component settings if it is helpful:

AmpColorSettings.png
AmpColorSettings.png (24.67 KiB) Viewed 4623 times

Lastly, we were on v1.7.0 before when it worked if that is helpful.
GreybornStudios

Postby GreybornStudios » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:45 pm

So I just tried a couple of more things to see what would happen:
1. Reverted to v1.7.0 and it worked again.
2. Did a clean install of v1.8.0 and go the same issue.
3. Reverted just the RenderMask.shader file to the v1.7.0 version in our v1.8.0 install and everything compiles fine.

For now I am going to leave the old RenderMask.shader file from v1.7.0 in our v1.8.0 install since it seems to work okay for us. Please let us know if anything bad can come of that. :)
GreybornStudios

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Thank you for taking the time to run some further tests and providing additional details, these will no doubt be useful to the developers so I'm adding them to the support ticket!

I'm not entirely sure if you can run into any issues by using the old RenderMask.shader as a temporary solution, so unfortunately I can't recommend it.

I'll get back in touch as soon as I have any feedback to share from the developer.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Color