Cannot disable bilinear filtering

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Cannot disable bilinear filtering

Postby Lennartos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi there
Im interested in using Amplify as a texture lookup base for my shader where i use colors to contain data.

For that i want to compress a 30K texture where i need to rely on the colors beeing 100% correct, and one 30K texture with colors that work just fine with the current settings.

I also found that i can disable the mipmap blending for a lookup by setting vcoord.pageBlend = 0;

However it doesnt seem to be possible to:
1) select filtering for the different channels / layers - or making AT2 respect the filtering on the original textures.
2) get the texture colors 100% correct back, even with compression none/lossless.
there are some kind of lines with a tad different color appearing at certain intervals.
Lennartos

Re: Cannot disable bilinear filtering

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am

Lennartos wrote:Hi there
Im interested in using Amplify as a texture lookup base for my shader where i use colors to contain data.

For that i want to compress a 30K texture where i need to rely on the colors beeing 100% correct, and one 30K texture with colors that work just fine with the current settings.

I also found that i can disable the mipmap blending for a lookup by setting vcoord.pageBlend = 0;

However it doesnt seem to be possible to:
1) select filtering for the different channels / layers - or making AT2 respect the filtering on the original textures.
2) get the texture colors 100% correct back, even with compression none/lossless.
there are some kind of lines with a tad different color appearing at certain intervals.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. You can disable bilinear filtering in the Amplify Texture 2 Camera component.

1) It's currently not possible to define filtering values per-channel, however, you may set compression parameters individually.
2) You might be experiencing some sort of issue. What Unity and Amplify Texture 2 version are you currently using? OSX or Windows? (AT2 Version Windows > Amplify Texture > About) Please send us a texture sample download link to [email protected], or via forum PM, we would be happy to examine it on our side.

Looking forward to your feedback. Any additional information that could possibly help us replicate the issue on our side is very welcome.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Lennartos » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 am

After changing the camera i got it disabled, but the normal textures of course look horrible.
The lines are VERY clear now with filtering disabled:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhn9xuik17tfu ... s.png?dl=0
This image is enhanced by color *= 10

They only become really visible when quality >= 90 or you select compression = none or lossless

Though i cannot use this for unless i can select filtering per layer.
Lennartos

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 am

Lennartos wrote:After changing the camera i got it disabled, but the normal textures of course look horrible.
The lines are VERY clear now with filtering disabled:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhn9xuik17tfu ... s.png?dl=0
This image is enhanced by color *= 10

They only become really visible when quality >= 90 or you select compression = none or lossless

Though i cannot use this for unless i can select filtering per layer.

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. I will discuss it with the AT2 developer and get back to you as soon as possible.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds