Android - Large virtual texture cause app to quit

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Android - Large virtual texture cause app to quit

Postby ChezDoodles » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Just wanted to ask if there is a max-size for Virtual textures on Android?

I just started testing AT2 on Android (using a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with Android 7). Vulcan don't seem to be supported (only the blurry 64x64 pixel textures are used), but I don't think you ever made any claims about Vulcan either :)

However, OpenGLES3 works great - as long the virtual texture doesn't grow to big. When the VT grows over 800mb, the game leaves with a "Age of Trains has stopped" message. If I stay below this aproximate limit, everything goes fine. I really need to grow the VT by another GB, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sven
ChezDoodles

Re: Android - Large virtual texture cause app to quit

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Hello Sven,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

ChezDoodles wrote:I just started testing AT2 on Android (using a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with Android 7). Vulcan don't seem to be supported (only the blurry 64x64 pixel textures are used), but I don't think you ever made any claims about Vulcan either :)

Unfortunately, Vulcan support is not currently available; be sure to use OpenGL ES 3.0, or higher, on Android. We will keep you posted on any related updates, mobile support still has a lot more to offer.

ChezDoodles wrote:However, OpenGLES3 works great - as long the virtual texture doesn't grow to big. When the VT grows over 800mb, the game leaves with a "Age of Trains has stopped" message. If I stay below this aproximate limit, everything goes fine. I really need to grow the VT by another GB, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

That's definitely not supposed to happen. What exact Unity version did you use to make the build? Can you send us the crash log?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby ChezDoodles » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 am

I use Unity3D 5.6f2

Capture.gif
Capture.gif (188.04 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
ChezDoodles

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am

ChezDoodles wrote:I use Unity3D 5.6f2

Capture.gif

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds