Terrain paint

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Terrain paint

Postby private_fox » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 am

Hello, I'm currently using "Real World Terrain" unity asset to create terrain, and evaulation of AT2.

I want to ask. How can I use Amplify Texture and also use Unity standard terrain painting?
I don't want to cover whole terrain with texture. I would like to paint small details on it. Is AT2 capable of?

I'm currently using 64 tiles of terrain with pre-generated satellite texture as pattern for painting.

Many thanks
private_fox

Re: Terrain paint

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm

private_fox wrote:Hello, I'm currently using "Real World Terrain" unity asset to create terrain, and evaulation of AT2.

I want to ask. How can I use Amplify Texture and also use Unity standard terrain painting?
I don't want to cover whole terrain with texture. I would like to paint small details on it. Is AT2 capable of?

I'm currently using 64 tiles of terrain with pre-generated satellite texture as pattern for painting.

Many thanks

Hello,

You would need a custom shader but please keep in mind that AT2 only supports Terrain Coverage Albedo and Normal, not the actual splats.

What exactly do you need to virtualize?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds