Amplify Bloom with Unity Post Processing Stack

Industry Level Post-Process Bloom

Amplify Bloom with Unity Post Processing Stack

Postby flaxenflash » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Hey, we are using the Unity post processing stack v2, but we are considering using amplify bloom for the lens glare feature. I tried the demo and it works well on its own, however attempting to run it at the same time as the Unity post processing stack (specifically color grading) prevents the effect from working properly. It always run after the stack and therefore after the image has already been converted from HDR to LDR.

Is it possible to use this effectively in conjunction with the stack in the full version?
flaxenflash

Re: Amplify Bloom with Unity Post Processing Stack

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 am

flaxenflash wrote:Hey, we are using the Unity post processing stack v2, but we are considering using amplify bloom for the lens glare feature. I tried the demo and it works well on its own, however attempting to run it at the same time as the Unity post processing stack (specifically color grading) prevents the effect from working properly. It always run after the stack and therefore after the image has already been converted from HDR to LDR.
Is it possible to use this effectively in conjunction with the stack in the full version?

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience but we're actually looking into a specific Bloom issues when the stack is present. The full version has the same issue, I would recommend waiting for our next update that should be available soon.

Thank you for understanding.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby flaxenflash » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:07 am

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the next update!
flaxenflash

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm

flaxenflash wrote:Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the next update!

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby visionastral » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

I was trying to use Amplify Bloom with the post process stack and it's not working.
The problem is with the tone mapper: Amplify Bloom runs after the stack tone mapper and it gets an LDR image (range 0 to 1 instead of HDR).
This means Amplify Bloom works, but it can't get the HDR information needed for Bloom effects (luminance greater than 1) thus defeating any real purpose for bloom.
For Amplify Bloom to work, it would need to either run before the post-process stack (which is running through command buffers) or integrate it into the post process stack workflow.
(details on how to do that here): https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/wiki/Writing-Custom-Effects

Should we expect Amplify Bloom to be updated to support the post process stack or is this product no longer updated?
visionastral

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:19 am

Thank you for sharing this information with us, I'll be sure to forward it to the developer for consideration!

We can offer no ETA at this time but AB integration with the stack is something that's still on the table.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Bloom