Use Amplify with an "external" custom Surface Shader

Node-based Shader Editor

Use Amplify with an "external" custom Surface Shader

Postby brn000 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:42 am

Is it possible to set up Amplify to drive a custom surface shader that uses a modified version of unity's legacy PBR lighting?
We have a new artist on our project who is showing great potential but has very limited experience in writing shaders the traditional way. What would be ideal is for our artist to be able to use amplify to write the "surface shader output" side and leave the "engine" Lighting and back end of the shader writing to me.

Effectively Id like to be able to expose the inputs of our custom system to Amplify.
I have very limited experience with Amplify so I might have just missed something obvious but it looks as if its not as simple as creating a custom template.

Cheers
Brn
brn000

Re: Use Amplify with an "external" custom Surface Shader

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Ideally you should create a custom shader template that accommodates for the needs of your specific pipeline, as you already have a code base prepared for your technical artist to work with.

You'll be able to customize the passes, parameters and even the ports available for the output nodes, so that your artist only has to be concerned with building the desired effects through the editor itself using your custom template.

Please let us know if you have any further questions
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor