Export to GLSL?

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Export to GLSL?

Postby cptSwing » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Hey Amplify team, admittedly this is more wishful thinking than anything else: How much trouble would it be to be able to export from Amplify to straight HLSL, and more importantly GLSL?

Basically there is nothing comparable to Amplify (or SF, or Unreal's Mat editor) for people needing to visually design GLSL Shaders for WebGL or other applications. I could imagine there being a market for a 'standalone' or similar version that exports directly to different targets.

Anyway cheers for reading and keep up the great work!
cptSwing

Re: Export to GLSL?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 am

Hello, thank you for your support and kind words!

This would take considerable amount of work, although we don't have any immediate plans to offer a standalone version it's definitely something that we keep in mind for future opportunities.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Re: Export to GLSL?

Postby cptSwing » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am

Thanks for the reply - and aye, I can imagine it being a lot of work. Hope dies last, though!

(For now I'm stuck with designing shaders in Amplify, taking a look at the CG/HLSL code, and attempting to rewrite things in GLSL for three.js ... ahh what fun ;) )
cptSwing

Return to General Discussion