Grab Screen Color node in VR is messed up

Node-based Shader Editor

Grab Screen Color node in VR is messed up

Postby yohann1172 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:38 am

When I use a shader w the Grab Screen Color node in VR (multi pass rendering), the sense of depth is really messed up. When I use Single Pass rendering, the object is only rendered correctly in one eye and the other is dark grey. Is there a way to get the Grab Screen Node to work correctly in VR for both single and multi rendering passes?
yohann1172

Re: Grab Screen Color node in VR is messed up

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 am

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem, we really appreciate it. We will have to run a few tests on our side but I suspect that this could be a Unity related issue, with a few alterations we might be able to help.

Which Unity version are you currently using?
Could you share a sample or a few screenshots of the problems present with both modes?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby yohann1172 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. It actually may be physically accurate in multipass, but it feels very weird in VR...like the convergence is off. Maybe this is how refacted glass actually feels and I never noticed. But single pass is obviously not working (see attachment...be sure to click the image to see the whole thing). Any suggestions?
ASE.png
ASE.png (133.09 KiB) Viewed 3489 times

Also, I'm on Unity 5.6.1, Windows 10 64bit
yohann1172

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:20 am

yohann1172 wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. It actually may be physically accurate in multipass, but it feels very weird in VR...like the convergence is off. Maybe this is how refacted glass actually feels and I never noticed. But single pass is obviously not working (see attachment...be sure to click the image to see the whole thing). Any suggestions?
ASE.png

Also, I'm on Unity 5.6.1, Windows 10 64bit

Thank you for the additional information, we will let you know as soon as we have any updates.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby yohann1172 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:24 pm

OK thanks. In the mean time, do you have any suggested hacks? Unity offers some advice on this topic at https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SinglePassStereoRendering.html but I don't know enough about shader programming for this to be useful.
yohann1172

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 pm

yohann1172 wrote:OK thanks. In the mean time, do you have any suggested hacks? Unity offers some advice on this topic at https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SinglePassStereoRendering.html but I don't know enough about shader programming for this to be useful.

No problem, happy to help. No tips for now, I will have to get back to you as soon as the ASE developer corrects the issue.

Thank you for the link, we are aware of the problem.
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby yohann1172 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:54 am

Ok, I look forward to a fix. Thanks for an otherwise excellent product and fast responses. Y'all are great.
yohann1172

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:51 pm

yohann1172 wrote:Ok, I look forward to a fix. Thanks for an otherwise excellent product and fast responses. Y'all are great.

Thank you for your support, and your patience, we really appreciate it. We added a fix to the latest update (available via our download page) that could help resolve the issue, please test it on your side.

1. Import the package.
2. Open your shader and hit save to compile it using the updated node.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby yohann1172 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi thanks for the response. The results are different w v100_003 but unfortunately still broken (see attached). The right eye is still not rendering the effect at all, but now the left eye is weirder: now the rippled shape moves wildly as I turn my head. Hope this info helps. Let me know if you need me to test anything else.
Attachments
single-pass-ASE-100_003.gif
single-pass-ASE-100_003.gif (252.67 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
yohann1172

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

yohann1172 wrote:Hi thanks for the response. The results are different w v100_003 but unfortunately still broken (see attached). The right eye is still not rendering the effect at all, but now the left eye is weirder: now the rippled shape moves wildly as I turn my head. Hope this info helps. Let me know if you need me to test anything else.

Thank you for letting us know, we will have to run a few additional tests on our side.

I will keep you posted.
Ricardo Teixeira

Next

Return to Amplify Shader Editor