Amplify Texture 2.0
Virtually Unlimited Textures <-> No video memory limits!
Zero Texture Loading Times
No Video Memory Limitations
Supported by Amplify Shader Editor
Total Control of Video Memory Allocation
Up to 16384 x 16384 per-texture
32768 x 32768 per-texture w/Unity 2017
UV Tiles – MARI UDIM, Zbrush & Mudbox
Smaller Build Sizes
High-Dynamic Range Textures
Superior Texture Compression
Massive Gigabyte & Terabyte Projects
iOS and Console Support Coming Soon
Windows OSX Linux
box One Playstation 4 Switch
Amplify Texture brings texture virtualization to Unity, a revolutionary technology that allows you to bypass common texture size, quantity, and video memory limitations without compromising quality, performance or build size. Not only can Unity Scenes now use several gigabytes of textures without running into any issues, individual texture size is no longer a factor. Each texture can go up to 16384 x 16384 pixels using Unity 5 or even 32768 x 32768 pixels using Unity 2017. You can even take it one step further and take advantage of Multi-Tile UV collections, using hundreds of textures is as simple as selecting the first texture in the collection and hitting Build.
The perfect fit for any type of project! Whether you’re looking for efficient texture load optimization, high-end VR applications, importing large-scale Satellite imagery, using giant procedural coverage terrain textures made with World Machine, high-resolution worlds and characters made with MARI, Zbrush, Mudbox, MODO or similar software, displaying your high-resolution 3D Scans or VFX-level Assets, even using Megascans at its highest resolution, Amplify Texture will integrate seamlessly into your pipeline and help bring your creations to life.
Virtual texturing works by slicing all your textures into manageable tiles (or pages) and storing them in custom data files optimized for streaming; you can think of it as an extra step akin to lightmapping, without strict artistic requirements. At runtime, the view from your camera is analyzed and visible tiles are requested and streamed from disk in the background. Because you only see a portion of the scene with full level-of-detail at any given time, the system is able to balance hardware resources very efficiently; Video Ram use of virtualized content is fixed, it will never go over the defined limit. Amplify Texture always virtualizes your textures using the maximum resolution available, be it 8k or 16k textures (32k per-texture with Unity 2017), the original size is never compromised.
- Non-destructive virtualization process.
- Virtual Textures are built incrementally.
- LDR and true High Dynamic Range texture (EXR/HDR) support.
- Individual texture size is not a factor after virtualization.
- Up to 32768 x 32768 pixels per-texture with Unity 2017. (16k w/Unity 5)
- Automated support for common Multi-Tile UV Collections, UDIM, Zbrush, Mudbox or similar.
- Automated Baked Substance support(Coming Soon).
- Simple scene setup. (1 Camera component and 1 AT2 Manager object)
- Multiple Virtual Texture presets. (Standard/Legacy/Alloy/Lux/Skyshop)
- Fully compatible with the Amplify Shader Editor.
- AT2 Standard Metallic/Specular and Legacy shaders included.
- Works with dynamic and static objects, including Skinned and Cloth meshes.
- Automated Scene Conversion Tool, Standard to Virtual and vice-versa.
- No significant workflow changes, create and apply AT2 materials as with any other Unity material.
- Full Source Code.*
- NO Third-Party DRM.
- Single package, all the features.**
- Fully customizable Stream & Cache values. (CPU/GPU allocation)
- Custom shaders and select 3rd-party support. (Alloy/LUX/Skyshop)
- Customizable Virtual Texture Presets. (Coming Soon)
- Simple license based on the Unity Asset Store EULA.
* Temporary offer, licensing terms will be updated in the near future.
** Consoles licensed separately.
- Perfect for texture demanding VR and AR applications,
- Publish on Desktops, Windows/OSX/Linux.
- Publish on Mobile Devices, iOS/Android.*
- Publish on Consoles, Xbox One/PS4/Switch.**
- Simple and automatic deployment using the standard Unity exporter.
- Smaller builds, proprietary compression system(lossy and lossless), up to 4x smaller builds.
* Android only, iOS coming soon.
** Console support available soon.
For the full feature list visit the technical information page.