Amplify Texture 2
Amplify Texture 2 will build upon the groundbreaking innovations introduced in Amplify Virtual Texturing, to bring the next step of hardware-assisted future-proof massive texturing technology to the tip of your fingers, while taking full advantage of improvements introduced since Unity 4. Whether you’re importing large-scale Satellite imagery, generating giant procedural terrains on World Machine, or painting high-resolution worlds and characters on MARI and MODO, this product will integrate seamlessly in your pipeline and help bring your creation to life.
• Multiple virtual textures up to 2M x 2M, or 4 Terapixel
• New real-time WYSIWYG editing mode with improved workflow
• New high-compression, high-performance texture compression
• Spherical page detection system, for fast view rotations
• Light-map and Displacement-map support
• Static batching support
• Comprehensive 3rd party plugin compatibility
• Anisotropic filtering
• High dynamic range (HDR) texture support
• World Machine, MARI and MODO integration
• Oculus Rift/VR support
• Hardware sparse texturing support
• Mobile support
• Baked Substance support
* Includes Amplify Texture 1.5 License
* Save 20% over launch price
* Early access to development builds
* Your chance to help shape this product
Save up to 50% on a Team License!
Development Showcase – Part 1
In Part 1 of this series we will reveal new features like Multi-Tile UV support and Virtualized Displacement. Additionally, we take a closer look at our efficient and high-quality lossy texture compression, in many ways superior to standard DXT compression, that results in reduced texture storage requirements and inevitably smaller builds, slated for serious improvements in Amplify Texture 2.
In the following video we dig a bit deeper and demonstrate Multi-Tile UV workflows using MARI, Zbrush and Mudbox. We believe that using the right tools and workflow will help you unleash the true power of Amplify Texture.
More information will be revealed soon. Stay tuned.